Orthopaedic Dog Beds: The Best Thing for a Happier and Healthier Pup
You wouldn’t want a member of your family sleeping on the floor, so why should your dog? Having your best friend around for as long as possible is a dream of all dog owners, and orthopaedic dog beds contribute massively to improving your pooch's health and prolonging their lives. They negate the disadvantages of your dog sleeping on the floor which is a rather long list:
- Waking up with a stiff neck and less refreshed.
- Dogs are susceptible to arthritis, and sleeping on the floor can push it to accelerate earlier.
- Your pup won’t be comfortable and it could damage their bones and joints.
- A sleek and healthy coat on your dog tells you a lot about their health. However, sleeping on a cold floor can make their skin raw, meaning they look unhappy as well as feeling it.
- For thin breeds such as greyhounds or chihuahuas, it can be especially worse for them because they don’t have any padding under their elbows or hips and can develop callouses in these areas.
- The floor provides no insulation against extreme heat or cold. In the winter, your furry friend will get very cold.
You may be unsure about whether one of these beds is worth your hard-earned money, but you can’t put a price on a happy dog. These beds have been manufactured in a way that ensures your furry friend lives in bliss. Below are some major benefits of an orthopaedic dog bed, especially the well-designed Buddy Bed by Toby & Ace.
The Benefits of an Orthopaedic Bed
There are several amazing benefits to your dog using an orthopaedic bed:
- They can help ease the pain and discomfort of many structural ailments such as hip dysplasia and arthritis. Orthopaedic beds are recommended for older dogs because they are much more prone to these kinds of conditions.
- Even if your pet is a puppy, an orthopaedic bed will protect their bones and joints and prevent any future issues. Having one for them to sleep on will ensure they stay healthy and happy for their whole life. With a limited chance for ailments, they’ll have a prolonged life, meaning more memories of playing catch with your best friend.
- Another great benefit is that they have their own space to rest and it keeps them off your bed and sofas.
- Sleeping on a hard surface will make your dog feel more pressure. An orthopaedic bed provides optimal support to key pressure points, meaning a more relaxed dog.
Why the Buddy Bed is your Best Option
An orthopaedic bed, in general, is a great investment for you and your pooch, but you can’t get much better than the Buddy Bed. This Toby & Ace bed offers next-generation comfort with the #1 recommended dog bed by vets across North America.
Using human-grade orthopaedic memory foam improves your pet's physical health, reduces joint pain, and also reduces anxiety. Your dog will feel at home with the egg crate design which mimics their natural den in the wild. The multiple layers of orthopaedic foam protect the dog's spine and joints and leads to better blood circulation.
You won’t have to worry about your dog getting too hot or cold, either, as the increased breathability of the bed creates the perfect temperature. Since your pooch can overheat easily, the added cooling gel technology is there to regulate airflow, allowing for a great night's sleep.
You won’t have to worry about any mess either. The bed is accident-proof, scratch proof, and mess proof. There will be no uncomfortable spills to deal with as the bed is designed with water, odor, and tear-resistant fabric. To top it off, it’s machine washable.
With the choice of four sizes, you can get a Buddy Bed for any breed. You’ll be living stress-free knowing you’ve taken care of your dog’s health and wellness. All that’s left to do is bring home your best friend’s new bed and get ready for lots of tail wags and kisses!